Our annual Heart of Louisiana Scholarship Contest kicks off on October 1, 2020! This year, we will award three scholarships to high school seniors that are part of our credit union family.
You could be the recipient of the $1,500 Cheryl N. Ray Scholarship or one of our two $1,000 Heart of Louisiana Credit Union Scholarships!
What You Need to Do
Entering our scholarship contest is super easy! Here's what you need to do:
- Download and complete our Scholarship Application
- Create a short video exploring the theme, "My Credit Union and Me - Moving from Adolescence to Adulthood."
- Submit your completed application, supporting documents, and link to your video.
- Sit back and relax! Our panel will review your submission, and we’ll be in touch soon.
This year, we're asking applicants to create a short video (3-5 minutes) that explores the theme, "My Credit Union and Me - Moving from Adolescence to Adulthood."
This video is a thought exercise geared toward answering the question, "How am I going to make sure I'm financially secure as I transition into adulthood?"
We encourage you to be creative! Tell us about how you work part-time to save up to by your first car or how you started a small business to help fund your education. The possibilities are endless!
Be sure to upload your video to YouTube and test your link so our judges can view your submission.
You must deliver your scholarship application by 4 p.m. on January 31, 2021, to be eligible for consideration. You can drop your application off at any of our branches, mail it to Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, ATTN: Scholarship Committee, PO BOX 4030, Pineville, LA 71361, or submit it online.
- October 19, 2020 – Applications Open
- January 31, 2021 – Application Deadline
- February 28, 2021 – Scholarship Contest Winners Announced*
* Announcement date subject to change without notice at the discretion of Heart of Louisiana Credit Union.