Work in conjunction with CFO with the financial affairs of the credit union and preparation of financial statements, budget and analysis of operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Supervises accounting department.
· Work in conjunction with CFO on budget preparation.
· Works in conjunction with CFO with the Credit Unions investment activities.
· Reviews operational procedures to obtain optimum efficiency and reduced cost.
· Reviews Accounts Payable, verifying that the payables comply with Credit Union policy and procedure.
· Preparation of financial reports and manage month end close.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Prepare quarterly NCUA S300 Call Report.
1. Live the Heart of Louisiana brand. Coach the team to live the brand and to deliver the Member Experience to every member.
2. To provide recommendations to CEO and/or CFO for potential improvements to the balance sheet mix and/or income and expense categories, as well as improvements for products, services and processes.
3. To ensure the Credit Union's financial activities follow sound financial principles and comply with all NCUA regulations.
4. To maintain a cohesive, highly trained and motivated staff, sufficient to meet the goals of the Credit Union and to foster a team mentality with other departments.
5. To complete performance reviews with the prescribed time frame.
6. To ensure security and soundness of all Credit Union financial records. Reviews all general ledger accounts and subsidiaries monthly to ensure proper balancing. Reviews cash position to ensure sufficient availability of funds.
7. To complete projects as determined by the CEO and/or CFO within the prescribed time frame.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A college degree.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills: Functional with spreadsheets and word processing software. Basic understanding of accounting procedures.
How to Apply:
Human Resources Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, PO Box 4030, Pineville LA 71361