Responsible for contributing to the team’s overall success by achieving and mentoring other tellers to attain personal member service and activity goals through the identification and satisfaction of member needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Ensure and perform efficient, effective and professional teller operations.
· Manage and successfully perform service functions.
· Effectively mentor area personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
· Manage and maintain overall Vault accountability.
1. Perform teller functions professionally, efficiently, and accurately in accordance with established policies, standards and security procedures.
2. Ensure transaction levels, balancing, errors, etc. are in line with Credit Union standards.
3. Establish good relationships and coordination with area personnel and management
4. Proactively promote a benefit awareness culture within the department, both by example and by training employees to identify opportunities.
5. Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
6. Review and check Teller work, assist in the resolution of Teller outages, escalate member service issues, etc. to management if needed.
7. Balance each day's transactions and verify cash totals.
8. Act as sole custodian of the vault, holding responsibility to manage and maintain accuracy.
9. Responsible for implementing existing policies, procedures and systems involving cash operations and member service functions.
10.Coordinate, directs and assign work and schedules.
11.Answer teller's questions, resolve more complex issues, oversee balancing and monthly audits.
12.Responsible for smooth flow of Teller area, adequate window coverage, general training and day-to day supervision of Tellers.
13.Ensure members are promptly and professionally served.
14.Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Must have good communication skills for training other tellers. 10-key calculator and computer keyboard skills. Accurate with numbers and names.
How to Apply:
Human Resources Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, PO Box 4030, Pineville LA 71361