To approve, deny and/or counter offer loans, following Credit Union standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide information on products and services to staff according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations.
- Approve or deny a variety of consumer loan applications, with considerable loan authority.
- Responsible for processing, loan decisioning, and post-closing handling of underwriter functions as well as a solutions resource to FFOs and Managers.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with all employees to ensure productive inter-departmental cooperation.
- Review loan applications and provide information on loan products and alternative products that best meet the member's needs. Request and review all required information and documentation to secure a loan.
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants, and calculate how much of a loan applicant's debt is secured or unsecured.
- Recommend and outline terms of loan and communicate with FFOs and Managers.
- Validate and determine collateral needs and payment plans for members.
- Offer recommendations on an interest-rate structure that is consistent with credit union policies and is competitive with current market.
- Underwrite in-house mortgage files as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of internal trends regarding delinquencies, charge offs, and loan volumes.
- Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: (1) A two - year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Must have good communication skills.
- 10-key calculator, typewriter, and keyboard skills.
How to Apply:
Send resume via one of the options listed below:
Fax to 318-449-5552
Mail to: Attn: Human Resources Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, PO Box 4030, Pineville LA 71361