To approve, deny and/or counter offer loans, following Credit Union standards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Provide information on products and services to staff according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations.
· Approve or deny a variety of consumer loan applications, with considerable loan authority.
· Responsible for processing, loan decisioning, and post-closing handling of underwriter functions as well as a solutions resource to FFOs and Managers.
1. Communicate clearly and appropriately with all employees to ensure productive interdepartmental cooperation.
2. Review loan applications and provide information on loan products and alternative products that best meet the member's needs. Request and review all required information and documentation to secure a loan.
3. Obtain and evaluate credit reports.
4. Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants, and calculate how much of a loan applicant's debt is secured or unsecured.
5. Recommend and outline terms of loan and communicate with FFOs and Managers.
6. Validate and determine collateral needs and payment plans for members.
7. Offer recommendations on an interest rate structure that is consistent with credit union policies and is competitive with current market.
8. Underwrite inhouse mortgage files as needed.
9. Maintain knowledge of internal trends regarding delinquencies, charge offs, and loan volumes.
10.Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures.
11.Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two - year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Must have good communication skills. 10-key calculator, typewriter, and keyboard skills.
How to Apply:
Human Resources Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, PO Box 4030, Pineville LA 71361