Coordinates the department’s lending activities. Reviews, analyzes and modifies overall application, regulations, system processes, procedures in house and secondary relating mortgage.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Review and evaluate all information on mortgage applications for compliance with policy/regulatory requirements, loan terms and qualifying variables for obtaining a loan (financial documents, mortgage type etc.).
· Provide recommendations for the most appropriate mortgage product.
· Work with Branch Originators, Underwriting, Processing Closing and Third-Party Vendors.
· Develops and provides recommendations for improvements in sales, service and processes.
· Evaluates acceptability of loan to Brokers and Real Estate loans on secondary mortgage markets.
· Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
1. To meet the minimum established individual goals each month
2. To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers while coordinating Lending activities.
3. To troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
4. To demonstrate a working knowledge of all mortgage products, regulations, processes and procedures and procedures and maintain a specific ratio of error tolerance.
5. Maintain relationship with third party vendors, service providers and Mortgage Team.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: 1. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. 2. Must be able to type, use PC and general office equipment including 10 key calculator. 3. Must have good communication skills. 4. Must maintain an NMLS Designation per Safe Act. 5. Must be able to register with State Commissioner of Insurance.
How to Apply:
Human Resources Heart of Louisiana Credit Union, PO Box 4030, Pineville LA 71361